[pp.int.general] [pp-leaders.discussion] Pirate Party of Canada and PPI

HerNenya hernenya at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 15:11:26 CEST 2013

Very nice and constructive point of view indeed, Justus.

We (PP-GAL and other regional parties in Spain) had copied statutes that
were thought some time ago. In those first regional statutes stated the
requirement to confederate with only another pirate party member of PPI,
thinking about on PP-ES in the first place.

At that time it sounded right, and the rest of the regional pirate
parties thought theorically it would be a good idea, but we had realized
just a month ago while working on the Confederation statutes exactly the
same conclusion as you, Justus. However we tried in that way first since
we thought it would be the easiest and fastest solution to get
registrated before next summer as that was our intention.

However we are working now on another ways of procedure. It is going to
take us some more time, but we hope to be confederated this year at last. :)

I would like to add to your points of view, we see PPI an organization
which objectives are to help groups of pirates to spread the pirate
ideology and to fight for a better world to live in.

PPI as an organization is not going to face elections ever so I think it
is not its duty to establish scopes in their memberships. All pirates
are equal and the choices or decisions we are going to face as
international pirates shouldn't matter scopes at all.

The structure bottom-up is much more efficent than the top-down
structure to get to the people at the streets. To talk about those ideas
we share face to face with them. This is very necesary if we want to get
positions in elections. Not everyone (especially in rural areas and
majority of old populated areas) are familiar with IT. We have to try to
get to them too, as we see the Pirate Movement as a vision that is not
restricted for anyone: one of its goals is global participation of
citizens in politics through Direct Democracy. At least in Spain it does.

We wish this situation of continued malcontent would get to an end soon.

Best Regards,

Isabel Fernandez
GPG EA63DF8E
www.piratasdegalicia.org