[pp.int.general] Freedom not Fear 2013 - September 7

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 10:23:39 CEST 2013

Hi there,

I am planning to write an article to Pirate Times about the planned
anti-PRISM demonstrations.  Unfortunately it looks like at this time
of the year it is impossible to get any decision from the boards.
I've asked all the contacts Pirate Times have to all the pirate
parties if they want to join the protest - and I've so fart got only
following answers:

PP-DE - yes
PP-AT - yes
PP-CZ - yes (but they have a conference at the same time)
PP-PL - yes
PP-BY - probably yes
PP-UK - only if we manage to convince more countries
PP-AR - probably yes

PP-CH - this will be discussed by the board - but they had an
anti-PRISM demonstration just a month ago

PP-ES - no
PP-CAT - no
PP-AU - no (elections)
PP-GR - no
PP-SE - probably no

Please ask your boards, or whoever is in power to decide if your party
joins the global protest, to inform me if they are joining or not.  It
is crucial that we have at least tentative answers so that we can
write articles and blog posts and spread the message to other
organizations (the coalition in Germany:
http://blog.freiheitstattangst.de/bundnispartner-2013/ is huge - here
in Poland we have also support from the Greens and probably from other
organizations).

Don't be afraid that the demonstration will be small - this is a
global protest - even if in your particular location there will not be
many people - you'll be a part of a global crowd.

Cheers,
--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
vice president of the Polish Pirate Party