[pp.int.general] Anty PRISM proceedings in your country - please help

Steve Revilak steve at srevilak.net
Tue Dec 24 03:01:28 CET 2013

>The Polish Pirate Party have requested the Polish prosecutor office to
>open an investigation into the media claims about NSA mass
>surveillance of Polish citizens.  The request was rejected without any
>justification and now we are in the process of writing a complaint.
>
>One piece of information that would help us is if there are any
>proceedings open in other countries - I vaguely remember to read about
>Germany and France - but I cannot find any detailed information about
>this - and we need all the details.

In the US, there's been one court ruling against then NSA

   http://www.theguardian.com/world/interactive/2013/dec/16/nsa-collection-phone-metadata-district-court-ruling

   https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/900861-obamansa.html

For all practical purposes, nothing will happen until the case is
appealed (and even then, nothing may happen).  But the judge's opinion
might be useful to you.

Steve