[pp.int.general] Anty PRISM proceedings in your country - please help

Jelena Jovanovic jelena.the.one at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 22:23:50 CET 2013

aww..there was important ruling recently
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/12/historic-ruling-federal-judge-declares-nsa-mass-phone-surveillance-likely
and here
http://www.theguardian.com/world/interactive/2013/dec/16/nsa-collection-phone-metadata-district-court-ruling

Norway admitted it carried out phone surveillance for the NSA
http://rt.com/news/norway-nsa-snowden-spying-us-965/

There is* awesome*  documentary about Sweden and NSA leaks
http://www.svt.se/ug/view-the-report-about-the-snowden-documents-and-sweden-with-english-subtitles

Snowden should give his testimonial  in EP soon
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/08/edward-snowden-nsa-evidence-eu-parliament-surveillance

Happy hollidays, everybody :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pcWlyUu8U4

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 3:01 AM, Steve Revilak <steve at srevilak.net> wrote:

> The Polish Pirate Party have requested the Polish prosecutor office to
>> open an investigation into the media claims about NSA mass
>> surveillance of Polish citizens.  The request was rejected without any
>> justification and now we are in the process of writing a complaint.
>>
>> One piece of information that would help us is if there are any
>> proceedings open in other countries - I vaguely remember to read about
>> Germany and France - but I cannot find any detailed information about
>> this - and we need all the details.
>>

> In the US, there's been one court ruling against then NSA
>
>   http://www.theguardian.com/world/interactive/2013/dec/16/
> nsa-collection-phone-metadata-district-court-ruling
>
>   https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/900861-obamansa.html
>
> For all practical purposes, nothing will happen until the case is
> appealed (and even then, nothing may happen).  But the judge's opinion
> might be useful to you.
>
> Steve

Jelena Jovanovic