[pp.int.general] free software video streaming

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 11:13:41 CET 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Travis McCrea <me at travismccrea.com> wrote:

> As it was said before (but I want to answer this question myself):
> My statement still stands, the Pirate Party is for the free and open
> sharing of information. If you want to "manage" the "rights" on how we
> share your speech "digitally", then perhaps you should take a step back
> and start reading what you preach on your website.

There is a difference between requiring that the video is available in
a free codec and presented on free software and a requirement that it
is never viewed using a non-free application or converted into a
non-free codec.  I have a feeling that this distinction somewhere got
blurred in this discussion.

Cheers,
Zbigniew