[pp.int.general] free software video streaming

Maxime Rouquet maxime.rouquet at partipirate.org
Sat Feb 16 17:46:43 CET 2013

On 02/16/2013 08:14 AM, Travis McCrea wrote:
> If you want to "manage" the "rights" on how we share your speech
> "digitally", then perhaps you should take a step back and start
> reading what you preach on your website.

Please, he did not asked to put people in jail or charge a fine...

This is about principles. Such comparison with what the copyright
monopoly does is fallacious.

> I think that the pirate parties who book you should make sure they
> don't agree to something as silly as what you require.

(This is not silly.)

> I cheered on Aaron Swartz when he set information free

The speech was and will remain free. The question is how freely it
will be distributed.

Putting it on Youtube would prevent people from accessing it, and
encourage others not to look for free ways to access to data on the
Internet.

Sharing it with a torrent and putting it on a website where it can be
downloaded and/or watched from a browser will be a demonstration to
everybody that we do not need Youtube or any other intermediary.

> when I see your messages on this mailing list you look more like a
> religious zealot than a person who cares about the cause.

Like I said, the question is about the strength of each and everyone's
principles. You should not accuse people of being religious fanatics
just because they aspire to stronger principles than you do.