[pp.int.general] free software video streaming

Anouk Neeteson jakobsheep at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 01:36:22 CET 2013

On 19 February 2013 00:56, Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org> wrote:

> Anyway, this is not a chain, it is a set of ethical rules
> that my principles require me to follow.  I hope that you too
> have a conscience and that it sometimes requires you not to
> do things in certain ways.

Here is the core of the problem, the ethical principles involved (and not
Richards!).

What are the pirate principles ethicly worth ? Is there something like
pirate ethics?
I looked, I asked, and it is still not clarified.
Understand me well, I am not saying that there are no ethics at all, but
the interpretation is so unclear that these kind of discussions will,
somewhat unnecessary, keep on reoccurring,  that is a promise until we find
that balance in activism, idealism, realism and pragmatism. I believe this
is possible through working towards a consensus about these ethics based on
the pirate core principles. As long as the good will is there.

Thanks Richard for your input,

mrNatural