[pp.int.general] Transparency in the party

Dario i at dario.im
Tue Feb 26 08:27:06 CET 2013

Let me address this, as long I was one of the critics.

2013/2/26 StreetDogg <streetdogg at gmx.net>

> Am 25.02.2013 17:16, schrieb Zbigniew Łukasiak:
>
>  I've seen that transparency is mentioned as one of the reasons for the
>> PPDE troubles.
>>

> The german pirate party consists of thousands of active members spread
> over ~350 thousands of square kilometers. There simply is no way to
> organise party wide discussion "internally" and especially no way to keep
> it internally. The point of any discussion is to involve the members of the
> party, therefore they all need access to it. All access barriers would be
> counterproductive and are inherently dysfunctional where they are in place
> amongst small groups within the party.
>
> I don't think "less transparency" is an option at all.

I truly believe in transparency but you must know how to handle it in
different degrees. Waiting for a national assembly to discuss issues,
allowing for bickering, it is an error, used against PP-DE right now.

I never said "less transparency". I said that our parties must have be
transparency for our members (with party's facts also public for everyone)
and ask for governments being transparent to citizens. In other words:
transparency inside the group (party/government) to its members
(pirates/citizens).

By facts I mean information not attached to opinion, like financial
statements, etc.

--
Dario Castañé
http://www.dario.im | http://twitter.com/im_dario