[pp.int.general] R: R: What is democracy in a party

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 14:47:54 CET 2013

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Mozart Palmer
<mozart.palmer at pp-international.net> wrote:
> Those parties having disputes should have their own mailing lists provided
> by their own parties.
>
> And if they're using this mailing list, they should speak English at
> minimum.

I am sorry that this thread degenerated into flames - but I believe
that at least some of the root causes are conflicting intuitions about
what it means to be a democratic political party.  These conflicting
intuitions can and need to be resolved - because otherwise that
conflict will surface again and again.  We should not sweep it under
the carpet - but instead work on our principles and common
understanding of them.  The  PPI statute includes the point about
admitting only democratic parties so it is not just an internal
business of the afflicted parties.

That said if the prevalent voice here is that this generates too much
volume - then OK - I can wait for a more appropriate medium.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/