[pp.int.general] Bullshit EU consultation

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 21:33:29 CET 2013

Dear Richard,

These questions are not about the nature or scope of patents,
copyrights, trademarks, design rights, plant variety rights, etc... They
are about means of enforcement, primarily.

We have mapped the different alternatives for answerings and made
suggestions to citizens on feedback they can provide here:

http://ameliaandersdotter.eu/ipred-konsultation/

They exist in 4 different languages, two of which you speak. In the explanatory texts it is listed which alternatives you will get depending on what capacity you choose to reply in.

I would for instance recommend you to answer as an "organisation" or as "other" if you wish to present complaints about the patent system specifically (for there is a question on whether or not patents are sometimes used anticompetitively, for which you will get 1000 characters to exemplify or clarify how you find this)

We have recommended citizens to reply as "citizens with copyrights" since it is virtually impossible not to be a citizen with copyright (it is explained in the explanatory text why this is so). However, since you are not an EU citizen it would be inappropriate for you to answer as a citizen with copyrights and you should instead follow one of the options above. However, we have not made specific answering guides for either of those categories, and you may have to extrapolate from our answering guides as appropriate.

best regards,

Amelia