[pp.int.general] Bullshit EU consultation

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sun Jan 6 03:18:32 CET 2013

    However, as I explained, you may find that it is appropriate for you to
    answer some questions differently from what we have recommended.

I can't make sense of your recommendations!  I can't see how they
match up with the questions!

You make some recommendations for "questionnaire, page 1, questions a,
b, c, d."  The PDF file has no page numbers and the questions have no
numbers or letters -- I can't tell what questions those are.

Could you please tell me the text you see in the first question
in "page 1"?  Then I can see if I can find it in the PDF file.

    On the first page of the survey - you must write to the Commission and
    request that they send you a link to the survey (this is explained in
    the instructions)

http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/consultations/2012/intellectual-property-rights_en.htm
says that the questionnaire is in
/internal_market/consultations/docs/2012/intellectual-property-rights/questionnaire_en.pdf
That is what I am looking at.

I understand that submitting an answer requires asking them for an
answering link.  I have not reached that point yet: before I ask an
FSF person to get such a link, the first question is whether the FSF
can and should answer.

I've already explained why that seems impossible.  But since you think
otherwise, I want to consider the possibility of answering according
to your recommendations -- but I can't match them up with what I see
in the PDF questionnaire!  It's as if you were looking at a totally
different survey.

Are you saying that without asking them for a link, I can't even see
the right questions?  Are the questions one gets in the answering link
different from what's in their PDF?

I could uuencode the PDF file and mail it to you; then you could tell
me if those questions match your recommendations.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation