[pp.int.general] Bullshit EU consultation

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Fri Jan 4 21:00:06 CET 2013

    And if you don't respond, you've given a de-facto endorsement of their
    ideas in the consultation, since you've not disagreed with them at all.

I think you are mistaken.  We have other ways to publish our
positions; responding is not the only one.  However, if you see a
chance to get them caught in wrongdoing, that may make it worthwhile
to answer.

    If you bothered to read my response

I don't think I owe you so much work as to find some response
of yours and read it, merely because you demand it.

					(I suggest the unredacted one I
    published in March, not the redacted one they put out in July, you'll
    see that at NO point did I endorse their ideas in the questions at all.

If you managed to avoid that, good on you.

    Actually, saying 'I don't like it, let's do nothing' isn't political
    debate, it's being childish, or lazy - take your pick.

If you had bothered to read the messages you are responding to, you
will see that I made several suggestions.  I initially suggested
denouncing the survey, and later I suggested finding ways to denounce
its presuppositions in the answers.

I didn't suggest doing nothing.

    suggest you do it soon, because I know (having talked to others) that
    I'm not the only one who sees an email from you and is more inclined to
    slide it to spam than read it.

I encourage you to do so.

You have confessed an irrational self-propagating hatred for me,
which needs no justification and seeks none.  This is why you
seek to argue with me rather than to find constructive agreement.

Readers can note I am not treating you the same way.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation