[pp.int.general] Who is running this LQFB?

Maxime Rouquet maxime.rouquet at partipirate.org
Fri Jan 18 15:11:04 CET 2013

Dear all,

I am kind of tired by some of the recurrent whining on this mailing-list.

About the PPI GA "outside of Europe", I would like to remind that the
point is not about geographical position but rather about getting the
pirates from all over the world to come to the GA. We focused a lot on
this idea when we wrote the GA 2013 hosting offer from PP-FR.

But the message that has been repeated over and over for the last few
years was not "easing the travel for pirates from far away". It was
"making the GA outside of Europe". So whatever we did, it would not
have been enough because of people complaining that it would have been
"once again in European Union".

This was counter-productive. Having pirates from all over the world
coming to the GA should have been your objective instead.

About the Court of Arbitration resignation, I would like to remind
that the point was about not having proper rules of procedure. We
asked in our resignation that the PPI members work on writing proper
rules of procedure, so that next rulings do not suffer from procedural
flaws.

But the message that is repeated over and over here is not "fixing the
problems of the Court of Arbitration". It is "blaming the Board
because they do not quickly organise the election", despite the fact
that concerned body's previous members have resigned because they
judged it not able to work properly. So whoever we would have elected,
they would have faced the exact same problems.

Requesting a new Court of Arbitration before being able to fix the
problems that made the previous one resign is counter-productive.
Having a working one with proper rules of procedures should be our
objective.

About the LiquidFeedback instance Nunno set up, he clearly spoke about
it in his speech at the Prague GA, and the Ordinary Members elected
him for that.

Whatever we think individually of this initiative, he took nobody by
surprise and is simply doing what he has told in his election speech.

Criticizing him for that reason would be counter-productive. Having
Board members who meet their commitments should be praised.

Let's identify the real problems and find solutions to them please.

Regards,

Maxime