[pp.int.general] Basic income - how does that fit into the pirate ideology?

illunatic at greenpirate.org illunatic at greenpirate.org
Fri Jul 12 22:15:02 CEST 2013

Instead of imposing it as a platform, a given party should get an idea
of whether people in their country support basic income. Get the
public discussion going before coming to a conclusion one way or the
other. If that is what your people want, especially party members and
supporters, then that is a good time for party leaders to talk about
making it a platform.

Consider the the following:
- Is there adequate awareness and open discussion of this issue in
your country?
- Do current members of your party support this?
- Do enough citizens in your nation support this position that it
would increase overall support for your party?

If the answer is none/not much/not many, it may not be a good time to
firmly embrace this as a platform. The exception to this, of course,
is if you run a very authoritarian party in which you are prepared to
dictate and proceed with any given platform, regardless of what your
peers think.