[pp.int.general] Basic income - how does that fit into the pirate ideology?

Francisco George francisco.george at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 08:08:01 CEST 2013

The PP-ES stands in favour of Basic Income.

Actually there are already states that have BI implented.

Alaska
Some Arab emirates, but just for their nationals(emigrants are not included)

20 years ago a political party in Belgium started to defend this and got
some hype.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivant
https://www.facebook.com/pages/vivant/60132009232
http://www.vivanteurope.org/?lang=en

As he was founded by a Millionaire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_Duch%C3%A2telet in Belgium and due to
their alliance with Liberals, they have been considered a Center-right
movement,

It is classified as "Progressive Liberalism" also known as "Social
Liberalism" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_liberalism

Roland Duchatelet, it's founder, was Belgian Senator from 2007 > 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_Duch%C3%A2telet

The mixed(french/german) public tv has a special dossier about it
http://future.arte.tv/fr/sujet/le-revenu-de-base-promesse-dun-avenir-meilleur
(sorry
just available in German or French)