[pp.int.general] Basic income - how does that fit into the pirate ideology?

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Wed Jul 17 19:59:17 CEST 2013

        [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider
        [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,
        [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.

You are making the common argument that we are better off with
whatever trickle-down the multinationals let us have than kicking them
out.

That is true only in the short term.  In the long term, if we keep
catering to them, they will take ever more control of the state and
our laws, and impoverish everyone else.  The TPP is an example of this
continuing process.

Each country, for its own good, must tell the multinationals, "We will
trade with you, but you can't control us; if you decide to move out,
good riddance."

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation