[pp.int.general] Basic income - how does that fit into the pirate ideology?

illunatic at greenpirate.org illunatic at greenpirate.org
Thu Jul 18 21:11:52 CEST 2013

Fortunately, our options are not limited to cost savings xor better
systems. They are both improvements upon the current system.

Likewise, why limit funding options a single source? Who is against
improving programs while simultaneously cutting costs which can then
be allocated toward a basic income scheme? If you're looking for a 200
billion franc program, that can be replaced with a mincome program,
that's not going to happen. You can, however, reduce costs wherever
available to further reduce the financial burden basic income presents.

That still doesn't address the actual funding for the program. You
don't want to destroy your currency by spending too much more than you
have. Sooner or later, you are pretty much forced to embrace Richard
Stallman's  suggestion of raising taxes on businesses.

Are you going to finance the program on credit or are you going to tax
businesses?