[pp.int.general] Fwd: Really now?

Patrick Godschalk patrick.godschalk at piratenpartij.nl
Fri Jun 7 13:29:14 CEST 2013

Okay, cool.

Now let me know why you logged into a Google apps account to
send that e-mail from your @pp-international.net address, but
conveniently forgot to mention this. :)

And yes, I'm quite aware that this list isn't run over the
same infrastructure, as as far as I know it's still ran on
PPSE's servers at pirateweb.org. I'm talking about the
pp-international.net domain specifically.

But yeah, it's really good to know that all our messages sent
to public lists aren't processed through Google Apps accounts,
because that's totally what matters. Public lists. Never mind
all the individual accounts and group accounts.

Oh, and I guess it's also really handy to forget about the
string of A and AAAA records in the dig output. Because you
know, who cares about people who visit the
pp-international webserver.

So yeah, my sincere apologies. I seem to be under the
misunderstanding that one of the core pirate values was to
care about the privacy of individuals and to be opposed to
continuous tracking and datamining of everything.

I mean, if I knew that pirates are totally cool with having
all their infrastructure ran by a company that has data mining
and tracking as its core business model, I'd never feel so
strongly about this! So yeah, fuck me, right?

--
Patrick Godschalk
patrick.godschalk at piratenpartij.nl
GPG: 86DF FF6F B123 EEF8 AE43 E652 33C0 785F A15F 01AA (SHA-1)
This e-mail is under the CC0 Public Domain Dedication.