[pp.int.general] pirate logo copyright

carlo von lynX lynX at pirate.my.buttharp.org
Mon Jun 10 15:35:59 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 03:12:53PM +0200, Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) wrote:
> To the best of my knowledge, you cannot legally claim copyright
> monopoly on a piece of work you did not create.

in italy as you know we had to protect ourselves from a pro copyright
professional launching his own pro copyright "pirate party" - in
court we claimed no copyright about our logo but a right to our
political identity. you can only use the signet and the pirate party
"brand" if your political intentions are compatible with the rest
of the international movement. the court supported this view.
anyone could however found a new pirate party if it was in line with
what the pirate movement stands for. would that help in the french case?