[pp.int.general] free software video streaming of Dr Stallman's public speech in Paris

Maxime Rouquet maxime.rouquet at partipirate.org
Mon Jun 10 18:00:58 CEST 2013

On 06/10/2013 01:20 PM, Jean Fleury wrote:
> Dear Dr Stallman, dear pirates, dear members of the kopimism church,
>
> Following intense internal debates, we finally have come to an agreement
> regarding the release details of Dr Stallman's speech video recording in
> Paris.
>
> Because we believe with the kopimism church that imposing a format would
> prevent some people to access the content;
> because we want to comply with our agreement with Dr Stallman nonetheless;
> because our audience is not restricted to Linux geeks,
>
> we have decided not to release those recordings altogether, so everybody
> should be happy.
>
> Ahoy,
> Jean Fleury

Hello all,

This is an attempt to resurrect a troll on this mailing-list.

Richard Stallman has come to Paris in last February and we (PP-FR) have
filmed his conference.  We promised we would publish it under only webm
or ogg/theora format, to respect Richard's wish that we publish it only
under a free format.

It took a few weeks to one (unpaid volunteer) person to mount the film,
but as of March, none of the three persons who tried could convert it
into a free digital format. This is why we still have not published it.

While we are deeply sorry for the delay, we still intend to publish it
as soon as we will be able to convert it into webm.

Best regards,

Maxime

PS : By the way, any advice on converting tools would be very welcome.