[pp.int.general] Minutes of PPI GA 2013

Antonio Garcia ningunotro at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 12 14:51:54 CEST 2013

How conveniently formulated to be populistic and draw adhesion to your ad hominem argument :( .

"Voting on them", as already said, refers to the whole election procedure as one single activity to participate in. The count of all the member parties participating at that single place and moment as had been conveniently announced to all that the election would take place (a for too many far and inaccessible Kazan, with a shitty last-minute effort to save it from disaster by the unannounced and ad-hoc organising of a very improvised remote hub in Brussels where finally more than half of all delegates shared a still to be improvised and untested remote connection that failed miserably to provide the minimum comfort necessary) is 16, as evidenced counting the columns in the published minutes.

Thus, the votes needed to obtain +50% approval, standard votes or however anyone wants to name them is... not less than 9.

That is why the results given in the minutes are what they are, with no one obtaining less than 9 votes declared elected.

16 delegates were present or represented at the time of voting, and abstentions, no matter what interpretation you may wish to dream of them... do not count.

That is to say... neither does count the abstention of those present that choose not to vote YES or NO for any one given candidate, be it by raising their hands when the organisers asked who would abstain (a CAST abstention vote), or by simply not reacting when the votes for a certain candidate were called (a non-CAST abstention vote), nor of course the "abstention" of anyone not bothering to be present at the election process.

That is to mean, that the election threshold was "9 votes", emanating from the fact that 16 were present or represented to vote at the right moment of truth.

Independent of the fact that not all of the present cast but a YES or NO vote for each and every one of the candidates...

12 yes, 2 no, 2 abstentions
12 yes, and nothing else expressed

are equivalent results with positive election for the candidate, as 12 >= 9.

5 yes, 11 no, 0 abstentions
5 yes, 0 no, 11 abstentions
5 yes, and nothing else expressed

are equivalent results with negative election for the candidate, as 5 < 9

That this was the sole intended meaning, can also be inferred from the remark in the minutes where it is said that, in the event of a tie in YES votes no secondary ranking of NO votes and abstentions will be used, but a second election with only one YES or NO vote per participating delegate will need to be organized.

But of course, if logic and ethic may be damned when inconvenient...

... then he who shouts the loudest claiming to have the majority on his side may do as he wishes.

He will soon experience that majority to be very unstable and fragile... like the whole movement and each of the individual pirate parties are at the moment.

Please all, watch "Idiocracy" at least once, and look in a mirror.

Idiocracies spray crops with Gatorade... and Pirates seem to be willing to go the same route.

Antonio.