[pp.int.general] Rättning mittåt, sort of: some thoughts for the mailing list

Antonio Garcia ningunotro at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 15 19:14:18 CEST 2013

Mr. Peiruza has a very developed habit of discrediting whatever does not conform to his own personal beliefs.

Of course, this is bullshit! Only when he does it himself he does seem to have a blind eye and be very tolerating. One not so nice and superb example is this one: http://iPir.at/catalunya . Certainly worth the Nobel Price of insult and slander.

He must also be the only person to have blackmailed a PPI GA, in Prague, where he threatened to derail it at a moment when it could have had a terrible impact on the press coverage of the German Pirate Party just before two crucial regional elections.

Sadly, the whole pirate movement is in such a bad shape that instead of not achieving his goals, he got rewarded by the kids in the movement and certain bastard interests... and everything legal and illegal was done to keep the issue off the agenda in Kazan. Well, you all know hat you have to live with, and whether it is bearable.

In the document http://iPir.at/catalunya Mr. Peiruza tries to paint the Spanish Pirate Party black because it did and does not conform to his present beliefs...

... but what he does not tell is that he became a member of the Spanish Pirate Party knowing what it stood for and who its members were, and that he broke away of it keeping the brand to follow his own agenda with a few other fellow Catalans.

The Spanish Pirate party started as a clean copy of the Swedish one, with a focus on issues that were dealt with at the national and international level. No provisions for participation in regional nor local elections existed thus in its Statutes, and Mr. Peiruza and other Catalans were bound to know this when they joined the party voluntarily.

One particularity of the Statutes of the Spanish Pirate Party was that, the people founding the party had probably had some bad experiences in the past, and had been a bit paranoid as to the protection of the basic identity and goals of the party... such that they protected that part of the Statutes stipulating that they could only be changed with a majority vote expressed by at least 90% of the membership of the party.

I was not there, I can say nothing about the assertion by Mr. Peiruza that many of the original founders and initial membership of the Spanish Pirate Party were rightwingers... he himself seems to be quite lefty and a good friend of Catalan separatists... so I can imagine why he might like to exagerate certain tendencies to suit his needs. In any case... I can imagine that he would never have found enough backing to have the Statutes changed so as to cater for his and others particular interests regarding the region of Catalunya.

Fact is thus... that a Spanish Pirate Party existed covering the whole of Spain, and catering for issues that could only be addressed at the national and european level. Its Statutes did not provide ways to participate in regional and local elections.

Mr. Peiruza and his Catalan comrades would certainly have had a very hard time trying to convince the membership scattered over all Spain to vote a Statutes change to allow for participation in regional and local elections. To be honest, an added difficulty was the less than optimal member register combined by the lack of membership fees, that difficulted the writeoff of people that once adhered but showed no reactions to efforts to contact them. As long as they were not written off... they were part of the census of which 90% had to vote to make important Statutes changes possible. When the Catalans set their aim at participating in the Catalan regional elections... no procedure whatsoever respectful of the rights of members could be found... expedient enough to change the Statutes in time so the Spanish Pirate Party could have participated in the Catalan regional elections.

THAT is the one and only REAL reason why... they decided to skip all difficulties and abandon everyone that did not cater for their regional priorities, and forgetting the master lines of the Pirate Movement, created a split only to be able to be Catalans before being Pirates, while conveniently continuing to squat the Pirate brand.

While he only dares say it when it suits him, he is right when he says that this Pirate Movement isn't a Swarm anymore. It is indeed what he says, and he has forgotten to mention the few ultrapragmatic Überbureaucrats that cater for their own personal agenda.

The initial guidelines provided by Rick have shown to be way insufficient to maintain cohesion within the movement. And while he may have provided sufficient leadership in Sweden, elsewhere the Pirate Parties have fallen prey to populist interpretations limited by acute knowledge of facts by the majority of their unskilled and little realityaware members.

For a swarm to grow and become stronger... it has to attract more and more intelligent members... but it has fallen prey to simplism and simplifications along the road, specially since the 15M / Indignado / Occupy Movement has popularized the populist and near communist, dogmatic and mechanical vision of equality among men... for everyone to be mechanically equal, considering that we do not know yet how to make everyone as smart as the smartest, we shall apply an intellectual lobotomy to make everyone as dumb as the dumbest. The majority of not so smart members decides, and it decides to ignore anything it does not understand without effort.

As a result, all but the most aware of Pirate Parties are evolving unstoppably towards IDIOCRACIES.

And whenever their delegates come together, we get clownesque shows like the one seen in Prague and in Kazan/Brussels (I was not around to rate the previous gatherings).

Believe what you want, call me what you like, shove another chimney pipe up my ass ;) ...

... only the most imperative of real actions can change that trend, and I do not see it happening from within the Movement.

And rules for mailing lists etc. won't  change a thing... you can not impose rules, whatever rules, upon those that choose not to understand why they are necessary...

... you will only achieve to burn out whatever people have finally to deal with their enforcement.

The only way is to keep out people that do not understand enough. If not from the society we want to build... at least from the combat units we try to build it with.

Nothing can be organised democratically to fight the situation in our present society... if it is the majority of ignorants that has to decide what has to be done.

We are political parties trying to organize a kindergarten where everybody can be happy if that happens to be the best possible thing to be got (hopefully not)... not a kindergarten yet.

I guess somebody, somewhere, will have to start getting really serious about the Pirate stuff...

... or registering the brand while it has no content worth preserving will be a futile game.

Antonio.