[pp.int.general] FORMAL COMPLAINT ABOUT THE ADMINISTRATION/MODERATION OF PPI MAILING LISTS

Nuno Cardoso nuno.cardoso at pp-international.net
Sat Jun 22 17:02:31 CEST 2013

Considering that:

   - this list is not run by the PPI;
   - this list is not an official communication channel of the PPI, it has
   pp-leaders list for that;
   - this list is not an official discussion channel of the PPI, it
   has pp-leaders.discussion for that;
   - this list is not an official operations coordination channel of the
   PPI, it has pp-ops for that;
   - this list is not an official channel of the PPI in any way, it has yet
   other specific lists;

Ignoring PPI because of it seems nonsensical...

What if in Finland some list called pp-finland existed that, despite not
being run by PP Finland, would grab the attention of all Finns and, because
it was "filled to the brim with personal issues that should be kept in
personal mails and all kinds of useless bullshit", would make everyone
ignore PP Finland? What would be your opinion on that?

On a broader level, to all PP's, if a PPI member can't cope with this
non-PPI list, instead of ignoring PPI because of this list it should ignore
this list because of PPI!

If anything this unmoderated list serves as an escape valve for individuals
and all their "kinds of useless bullshit" not to contaminate the official
channels of PPI.

Furthermore PPI needs it's members not to ignore it because PPI IS it's
members! PP's ignoring PPI is only helping it degrade.

And don't think that making a new PPI would fix it, because the fundamental
problem of individuals and their bullshit will not go away, it will just
migrate it's focus and attach itself to it's new victim.

Creating Pirate Parties to *fix a broken political system from within* is
what we signed up to do, in opposition to those who just *ignore* politics
or those who cry revolution to *start from scratch*. If when faced with
problems in PPI we just *ignore* it and some even consider to *start from
scratch*, what does that tell about their ability to do what they have
signed to do on the first place?

Just my 2 cents of useless bullshit food for though ;)

Pirate regards,
Nuno