[pp.int.general] [Pp-ops] Anti-PRISM status, todos, media / petition?

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 22:09:53 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 9:51 PM, Daniel Riaño <danielrr2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the way to go is this:
>
> "We all are Snowden"
>
> The Snowden case is a touchstone and the implications are huge. Big
> brother makes himself bigger and bigger everyday and if we are not
> able to support the cause of this man who risked his life to stand for
> the rights of each and everyone of us we deserve nothing.
>
> Yes we need to gain non Pirate support for the cause and I think we
> should think of this mobilization campaign as something at least as
> wide in support as anti-ACTA mobilizations, if not wider.

I believe that the key here is that now foreign secret services have
more power over our politicians than we, the people that elect them,
have.  Der Spiegel have noticed this:
http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/jakob-augstein-data-spying-programs-threaten-german-security-a-907577.html
 and this is an angle that we can use to build a very wide coalition
around this case.

--
Zbigniew

> 2013/6/25 Christopher Clay <c3o at piratenpartei.at>:
>> We now have 18 Pirate Parties on board and 11 translations online.
>>
>> A press kit is being assembled at https://prism.titanpad.com/presskit
>> – needs help!
>>
>> PP-DE advised against building our own signable petition because Anke
>> Domscheit-Berg (Pirate candidate, former open government lobbyist) is
>> starting one at change.org already – Pad:
>> https://anked.piratenpad.de/Petition20
>>
>> I have some concerns about Change.org (US company, Safe Harbor rules
>> apply to them which we criticize), but she says they can mobilize
>> masses, a petition will be started there regardless of our decision,
>> and a majority of those attending yesterday's Mumble meeting supported
>> this approach (all were PP-DE members though).
>>
>> The plan was also to gain non-Pirate support for the petition. The 6
>> points have been shortened and simplified for that purpose, and no
>> mention is made of the Pirates. The petition is vaguely intended to
>> start mobilization for ACTA-like protests or other initiatives
>> (European Citizens' Initiaitive?) to follow in a few weeks.
>> However EDRi (http://edri.org) has already indicated that they cannot
>> support the petition (or any protests) – they are taking more of an
>> "EU insider role", fear being too closely associated with Pirates and
>> are also weary of Change.org
>>
>> I'm now unsure how to progress on this, but tend towards going along
>> with Ankes plan.
>>
>> Share buttons are still missing, sorry :(
>>
>> --
>> Christopher Clay alias c3o
>> Piratenpartei Österreichs · Mitglied des Bundesvorstands
>> +43 676 7701784 · http://twitter.com/c3o · http://blog.c3o.org

Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/
http://perlalchemy.blogspot.com/