[pp.int.general] I had this dream once...

Mozart Palmer mozart.palmer at pp-international.net
Sun Jun 30 10:04:32 CEST 2013

I'm going to focus on a very very narrow part of what you said because I
love the general gist of it all.

*Yes, I know this is not politics, but activism.*
*
*
Pirate Party Australia has always been, and I hope always will be, an
activist organisation that competes elections. We are a political party who
does activism. When we aren't competing elections, we're organising
protests, attending briefings, making requests for documents, writing
submissions to Government.

I think a lot of respect is lost by existing parties precisely because they
are not activists. They are complacent, believing competing for votes every
n years is all that matters. I fully support the duality of activist and
political organisation, and I think taking initiatives like this — or at
the very least investigating their viability — is exactly what Pirate
Parties should be doing. It's one thing to talk the talk, another to walk
the walk :-)