[pp.int.general] I had this dream once...

Mozart Palmer mozart.palmer at pp-international.net
Sun Jun 30 11:35:15 CEST 2013

Oh certainly. The pragmatic approach would be to recognise that some people
are simply better suited as administrators (I prefer not to use
"bureaucrats" because that has negative connotations) while others are the
ones actively getting "the message" out there. That doesn't mean that there
isn't a place for administrators in an activist organisation however. You
still need people to keep the organisation well-oiled, while other people
go out and spread the message. There's a difference between being "an
activist organisation" and "being an activist." Ideally an activist
organisation is made up of activists and any support personnel required to
facilitate their activities. As does a political party — you need
candidates *and* people to help them get elected.