[pp.int.general] Transparency in the party

Dario i at dario.im
Fri Mar 1 18:44:44 CET 2013

2013/2/26 Zbigniew Łukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com>

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Dario <i at dario.im> wrote:
> >
> > Documents produced by the party can be also be public, of course, but:
> Does
> > your Freedom of Information Act force you to release even any record the
> > party produces? Or only some kind of documents?
>
> As far as I understand it it is only restricted by the privacy laws -
> so for example the documents need to be anonymized (because in Poland
> party membership is also private information) - but the extend of
> required anonymization is not clear.  But there is no difference
> between kind of documents - if it is an email or it is a signed
> contract or if it is a voice recording (but then you can probably
> recognize people by their voice - so in the case of parties this might
> be restricted - but for example in the case of local councils the
> recordings seem to be public) or what ever - everything can be
> requested.
>

> > The point is to pinpoint what was PP-DE fault and find an equilibrium
> > between transparency and protection against attacks from other parties.
>
> Maybe we could talk about more concrete examples - would the Der
> Spiegel article be different if they did not have access to the
> streaming of the GA of PP-DE?

It is impossible to limit information, being a streaming or a document. You
must broadcast meetings in order to allow remote participants, so Der
Spiegel would get it in a way or in other.

The point is to avoid live bickering by working proposals previously.
Physical assemblies are great to meet but they are too shorter to get
meaningful results. It is better to work on issues on-line (preferably by
voice) and to solve bickering and bitter discussion before. This doesn't
mean these debates must be private. They can be opened, as long as you know
who has access.

> What concrete cases would you like to
> make private?

Just discussion but I want it still open to everyone willing to do
meaningful discussion. In other words, check what Carlo said after my last
on-topic reply ;)

--
Dario Castañé
http://www.dario.im | http://twitter.com/im_dario