[pp.int.general] Pirates and the 5 Star Movement

Dario i at dario.im
Sat Mar 2 14:11:06 CET 2013

2013/3/2 Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) <rick.falkvinge at piratpartiet.se>

> > I agree with both, Rick and you. I would add that we need to be how
> > we want government to be.
>
> This logic does not follow.
>
> You cannot opt out of a government (with anything less than renouncing
> your citizenship), but you can easily switch and/or opt out of
> activist organizations.

Yes, of course. I didn't mean to be exactly to the government. My fault.

> Therefore, legitimacy in the decision-making
> process has an entirely different set of requirements at the country
> level than what it has in an activist organization.

Agreed. I tried to be concise and probably it didn't work the way I
intended.

> The argument that you must behave the same at the activist level as
> you would at the government level lacks a logical and operational
> connection between the two, and I would argue it presents an
> unnecessary obstacle to success of the project.

As you said, government and activist's organization aren't the same but
they can follow the same principles although stemming from different causes.

I agree with what you said. I just didn't express myself properly.

Time to read your link.

Thanks!

--
Dario Castañé