[pp.int.general] Partido X - Partido del Futuro vs 5 Star Movement

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 10:38:31 CET 2013

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Carlito <carlito at subvertising.org> wrote:
> Similar to the other topic: can someone from Spain tell us a bit more about
> the Partido X (Partido del Futuro)?
>
> I found their website and they are also making some benchmark analysis with
> 5 Star Movement:
>
> http://partidodelfuturo.net/movimiento-5-stelle-demuestra-que-es-posible/
>
> I’m curious to understand their internal structure because I can’t find the
> common menu item “About Us”.
>
> Is it an anomymous association?
>
> In the FAQ in can read that they are not giving their names.
>
> Is it legal in Spain to do that?
>
> Best,
>
> Carlito

Hello:

Partido X is similar to M5S into that they have a good marketing
campaign behind them. They announced themselves with a viral campaign
(twitter, youtube videos etc) revolving around the idea that they're
"the party of the future", that "in the future, we have already won",
and that kind of stuff.

But on the other side, it's the contrary with respect to public heads:
they people behind it is an anonymous closed group of people who don't
want to be known by their names but by their actions, in contrast with
Beppe Grillo being the prominent leader of the movement.

It's not legal to have a legally valid and registered political party
in Spain with no registered board members, you at least need to have a
president (well, the title of the person is up to you, but there needs
to be at least one person). Partido_X does have a person who acts as a
president of their party, but it's only one and doesn't play a
prominent role. Even the actors that appear in the video were
contracted for the video but they are not leaders of the movement.
"hidden in plain sight" one might say.

So it's all very confusing, which is part of their campaign I suppose.
It's something new and that attracts attention. They had quite good
exposure (appearing in TV etc) when they launched their campaign in
January, but we have heard little of them since then.

They're doing things though, preparing a website for people to propose
items for their program, they have setup some kind of plan with
different stages for going to the elections, they are for transparency
(funny, ain't it?) and direct democracy, and their program in general
seems quite similar to the pirates itself I think.

Regards,
   Eduardo