[pp.int.general] Pirate Parties International Conference Kazan 2013

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 17:00:25 CET 2013

Hi,

> Pirates could take this process one step further, and start to issue
> identity cards for everybody,
> not only as a token of citizenship, but real essence of human
> existence, liberating people
> from the state, and, at the time, giving them means to take part in
> digital decision making,
> and not only at spot, on at time, but globally, and in huge groups,
> like the pirate movement
> is hopefully destined to be.
Ironically, the Pirate Party of Germany has spent quite some time
fighting against such electronic ID cards, which were planned to being
introduced in Germany. After we uncovered several big security holes the
project was pretty much put on hold:)
The issue we take with (state-controlled, otherwise it can't function as
a legal identification document) electronic ID is that far from
liberating people, it allows for surveillance on a large scale.

Best regards,
Boris