[pp.int.general] Statutes Amendments - SAP22

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 21:29:32 CET 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 8:38 PM,  <pirate at valio.ch> wrote:
> Quoting Davidd van Deijk <davidd at piratenpartij.nl>:
>>
>> I dont really understand sap22. what is the actual proposal?
>

> As of now there is no regulation when approved statute amendments come into
> effect. Is it right after voting (during the GA)? Is it after the GA? Is it
> when they have been published somewhere or accepted by some PPI organ?
>
> We propose to avoid any future discussions on this AFTER the approval of
> statute change by adding a regulation that says that statute amendments
> shall come into effect immediately (i.e. right after the approval by the
> GA).
> This shall be the default mode; except for cases where a statute amendment
> is accepted with the explicit notion that it shall not come in effect unless
> a certain condition is met: that could be a specific date, some kind of
> approval by some PPI organ, a specific condition like "when PPI becomes a
> WIPO member" or anything else.
> If the GA considers such an option this shall be proposed and discussed
> BEFORE voting on the amendment.

I don't know how it is in Belgian jurisdiction - but here in Poland
all statutes changes need to be registered by a court and it is my
understanding that they cannot come into effect before that.  Anyone
has any experience with that in Belgian jurisdiction?

This is actually another thing that we should just ask a lawyer
instead of speculating ourselves.  I wish there was a DIY guide for
associations.

Cheers,
Zbigniew

Zbigniew Lukasiak