[pp.int.general] Minutes of PPI GA 2013

Andrew Norton ktetch at ktetch.co.uk
Thu May 16 21:29:06 CEST 2013

"at 4:42:33 Sven says that 17 votes were recieved, the quorum is at 9
votes and that those 5 candidates were elected"

Rules of Proceedure
(http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2013/GA_meeting/RoP#Art._6a_Elections)
state
Election Method

a) Before the voting, the number of elected positions should be
decided, if Statutes require to do so.
b) Every Ordinary Member may vote "yes" for any number of candidates.
c) The candidates that has achieved a simple majority of the "yes"
votes from Ordinary Members present or represented and voting on
them[18] are elected in the order determined by number of "yes" votes
accumulated. Abstentions are not taken into account. In event of a tie
where order matters, deciding elections are held, where only one "yes"
vote per Ordinary Member can be cast.
d) If the decided number(Art. 6a(6a)) of positions is not filled,
additional round of elections is held unless decided otherwise.

8 YES 6 NO is a simple majority when abstentions are not taken into
account (57%). Nothing about a decided 'quorum' in there (and in fact
the unknown nature of abstentions mean you can't do it anyway) at all.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Andrew