[pp.int.general] Pirate Academy / Workshops

Thijs Markus thijs.markus at piratenpartij.nl
Thu Nov 21 11:13:33 CET 2013

For a while now I've been walking around with the idea to set up
something of a pirate academy.

The basic idea is that we put up a livestream with someone giving a
workshop regarding an issue, which could be nearly anything, and people
can tune in, learn, and ask questions. The content could be nearly
anything: how does one campaign effectively? How does wipo actually
work? What are the details regarding issue X or Y? There is a lot of
information sharing which simply doesn't happen effectively between us
as is, and I hope such a format would help foster it.

So we make a sort of online college room where we can all tune in and
learn these things from those amongst us who can teach the rest of us at
a set date. I'm pretty sure everyone here has something to add to our
collective understanding.

For now, this email is primarily a feeler email: who would be interested
here in giving such workshops? Who would like to help me set up the
aforementioned infrastructure? Who has an even better idea of how to
realise this than the aforementioned online college?

Let's get started doing that bit we're allegedly have international
co-operation for: sharing knowledge and best practices.

Hope you'll give it some thought,

Ikke