[pp.int.general] Pirate Academy / Workshops

Simon Frew simon.frew at pirateparty.org.au
Thu Nov 21 11:55:22 CET 2013

Yeah I like the idea.

Could record them and put them up somewhere too so time differences don't
cause people to miss out.

On 21 November 2013 21:13, Thijs Markus <thijs.markus at piratenpartij.nl>wrote:

> For a while now I've been walking around with the idea to set up something
> of a pirate academy.
>
> The basic idea is that we put up a livestream with someone giving a
> workshop regarding an issue, which could be nearly anything, and people can
> tune in, learn, and ask questions. The content could be nearly anything:
> how does one campaign effectively? How does wipo actually work? What are
> the details regarding issue X or Y? There is a lot of information sharing
> which simply doesn't happen effectively between us as is, and I hope such a
> format would help foster it.
>
> So we make a sort of online college room where we can all tune in and
> learn these things from those amongst us who can teach the rest of us at a
> set date. I'm pretty sure everyone here has something to add to our
> collective understanding.
>
> For now, this email is primarily a feeler email: who would be interested
> here in giving such workshops? Who would like to help me set up the
> aforementioned infrastructure? Who has an even better idea of how to
> realise this than the aforementioned online college?
>
> Let's get started doing that bit we're allegedly have international
> co-operation for: sharing knowledge and best practices.
>
> Hope you'll give it some thought,
>
> Ikke

Simon Frew
President
Pirate Party Australia

M: +61 439408314
W: http://www.pirateparty.org.au
E: simon.frew at pirateparty.org.au
T: @AKFRU

--
Pirate Party Australia is a political party based around the core tenets of
freedom of information and culture; civil and digital liberties; privacy

Donate today! http://pirateparty.org.au/donate