[pp.int.general] Can we really make evidence based policies?

Martin Stolze pirate.martin at stolze.cc
Thu Oct 10 16:46:03 CEST 2013

Cal, the core of the study seems to be the >>“Identity-protective Cognition
Thesis” (ICT), which treats cultural conflict as disabling the faculties
that members of the public use to make sense of decision-relevant science.<<
The authors reasoning is not spot on he may misread the study.  To imply
that people are less rational actors is pretty bold, because it completely
rejects the idea that people may not do what is logical in favor of what is
advantageous to them. Read homo oeconomicus.