[pp.int.general] imminent war

Pat Maechler pirate at valio.ch
Mon Sep 9 09:22:33 CEST 2013

Well I see the possibility of a coming war as well.
I hope it won't happen; it's likely to cause a lot of losses for any
country that happens to be involved into it. As of now I see a civil war
more likely than an imminent WW3.

I doubt that this movement - as much as it would like to change the
world for the better in the path of the enlightenment - or any leaked
documents could have any substantial effect at all on the unfolding
events. Probably some leaked documents will act as a trigger, but they
are not a reason.

Throughout history reasons for wars have been built up previously by
people who are not ignorant at all. Non-debatable deviations from the
agreement among society in the age of enlightenment is likely one of them.

Thus I doubt that any effectiveness will come out of addressing such a
note on this list. Even if: I doubt that anyone here is striving for
war, who would have considered the implications for just a second;
that's not the way of democracy.

That's all that can be said about that.

-pat