[pp.int.general] imminent war

valio at visionsinteractive.ch valio at visionsinteractive.ch
Mon Sep 9 15:30:22 CEST 2013

Zitat von Marko Mitrovic <archamond at gmail.com>:
> @Pat out of couriosity, where do you think civil war(s) might be
> possible/imminent? I mean among major countries.

I have to rely on articles which I read from several independent
(non-tin-foil-hat) sources which point to indications that there could
be one in the US soon; also in relation to movements of the Tea Party,
Occupy and Anonymous, which tend to become more radical. I'm lazy to
collect them, but here's a public one I found immediately
http://rt.com/usa/civil-war-2016-us-582/

Possible conflict causes which I infer are described in the books
"Illiberal Democracy" and "Republic Lost". E.g. due to severe power
imbalances caused by lobbyism and political donations congress
parlamentarians are rather opt to extensively talk about matters of
corporations, instead of deliberating about the general interest of
all citizens.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._Federal_Election_Commission
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20111224/01031317187/jack-abramoff-explains-return-investment-lobbying-22000-is-surprisingly-low.shtml
http://www.bostonreview.net/lawrence-lessig-republic-lost-campaign-finance-reform-rootstrikers

Furthermore in elections strategic politics are more and more favoured
over democratic ideals
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerrymandering
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_suppression
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diebold#Controversy

I don't say that there will be an imminent civil war in the US. I just
got the impression that the odss are rising beyond the odds of an
imminent WW3.

As written: I'm certainly not eager for any war.
I strive for a democratic, peaceful and just world with the least
feasible suffering for a free and open society. But I see developments
that make me afraid, that the world currently might as well be heading
into the opposite direction.

-pat