[pp.int.general] germany election

peter.boehm peter.boehm at bremen.piratenpartei.de
Wed Sep 25 23:30:07 CEST 2013

thanks for all the responses and i want to add:

we did not enter the parliament, but we are up and running.
we improved our result, but i hoped for more.

yes, we had nearly one million votes for the pirate party in germany.
this feels for me like a stable base, the number did not increase only
because - in my opinion - the media paid no attention to our proposals
and our issues. merkel wants to sit out the global surveillance scandal,
like kohl sat out many other problems - if you are on top doing nothing,
you can not make many mistakes. sigh.

certainly the number of so called "first votes" raised - last election
we did not have direct candidates in nearly every "wahlkreis" of the
bundestag, that's what first votes in germany are for. but we won no
"direct mandat", which would mean, that a pirate has to become more
votes in his wahlkreis than any other party. three direct mandats would
have meant: entering the parliament. german elections are complicated,
like german tax laws.

==this information might be useful:==

this weekend some pirates from different regional pp-de organisations
are meeting for a talk after the elections.
more informations can be found here:
http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/Marina_Kassel_2013_2 (german) and german
twitter channel here: https://twitter.com/MarinaOrga

i will not be there, but this is, as far as i know, an in-persona
meeting with ppl from all over germany, maybe with livecast.

greetings and keep sailing,
peter