[pp.int.general] Consensus and power (before Re: Reflections on the PP GA)

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 16:32:08 CEST 2014

That language problem sounds difficult.  We'll need translation and
until machine translation is good enough for this - this means that
someone will have to translate the stuff for the local parties. If we
designate people to do that - what we eventually get is some kind of
representative system - where the translators represent the local
parties.

Personally I don't see this as a  problem - but I guess it depends on
what is your goal.

My goal is to have some communication structure linking all the pirate
parties that works. The current one does not work - because not many
people use this mailing list or even the leaders maling list (read and
write).

For that goal we need a communication channel that:

1. Matters. Taking part in the discussions requires some effort - so
people will only do that if they feel that this effort leads to
somewhere.

2. Is fair - democratic and self-governed.

3. Is efficient - the effort for reading it and writing is not too big.

Cheers,
Zbigniew