[pp.int.general] LQFB: status quo in Germany // was: liquid feedback papers and/or data?

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 14:50:29 CEST 2014

On 27/04/14 14:53, Félix Robles wrote:
> Let the dude speak for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
>
> Jokes aside, I am not a party candidate, nor I desire to be. I am just a
> base member of a political party. It's the candidates, and the members with
> public roles inside the party and in public offices, that need to be held
> accountable for their choices. When I am for example choosing a candidate
> for president, or when I am voting for or against a proposition inside the
> party, I am not acting as a public figure and I do not need to be held
> accountable for my vote by anyone except myself and my conscience.
>
> No, I am sorry but I do not agree. I might be a member of a political party
> but that doesn't mean I am assuming a public role. You should ask yourself
> if citizens should make their vote public when they vote in a national
> referendum (because it's basically the same as what I am doing).

Hi:

We clearly have disagreement on the issue of "should the vote be
public?" We also have a disagreement on the issue of "should we allow
vote delegation?". The solution for me is obvious: the tool should not
impose either way. That is the reason why Agora tries to be flexible =)
We don't need to agree on everything.

Regards,
Eduardo