[pp.int.general] liquidfeedback myths? /was Re: LQFB: status quo in Germany // was: liquid feedback papers and/or data?

carlo von lynX lynX at pirate.my.buttharp.org
Sun Apr 27 18:38:12 CEST 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 02:34:54PM +0200, Cal. wrote:
> It's peculiarly funny how you call that "fiction."

I just recalled the number one reason for me to call it
"fiction" - the old myth that there is a data protection
problem with having transparent participation in a
political party.

Even according to German laws, that problem does not exist.
Each citizen has the right to participate in a political
party or not. There is no requirement that such a political
party then gives him decisional power while maintaining
his anonymity. That is humbug that has been refuted by
lawyers, but some bureaucrats, that have no say in the laws,
at all, confirmed that thinking.. so it's no longer questioned.

I love when politics kills the truth. We should have debating
tools that not only model democracy but also scientific truth-
finding. But please don't throw away democracy in the process.