[pp.int.general] liquidfeedback myths? /was Re: LQFB: status quo in Germany // was: liquid feedback papers and/or data?

carlo von lynX lynX at pirate.my.buttharp.org
Sun Apr 27 18:42:27 CEST 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 06:33:01PM +0200, Cal. wrote:
> On 27 April 2014 18:23, carlo von lynX <lynX at pirate.my.buttharp.org> wrote:
> > Now think that our party was at the government and that Google would
> > like us to support a certain law and that it was obvious that Google
> > would then make a substantial donation to our party.
>
> For google, handing 100€ to each party member is cheaper than their
> usual advertising campaing. Even with 30k members, that means 3M €,
> that is the price of around 60 passages of a 30'' spot.
> [http://www.publitalia.it/bin/Listino/C_9_Listino_146_file.pdf]
>
> How do you propose to track that?
>
> Note that you can actually buy stuff from google, so those can just be
> coupons o discounts.

Yes, exactly. I was thinking in similar terms. What if Boogle was sending
out a Pirate droid device to each party member as a thank you if the
official party politics is in favor of banning peer-to-peer and foster
cloud computing instead?

In a transparent vote nobody would dare to vote that way, but if such
a decision is made in secret... whoooaah.. I wouldn't be so sure.