[pp.int.general] VIlfredo goes to Athens. /era Re: Liquid Democracy - a summary attempt

seykron seykron at partidopirata.com.ar
Mon Apr 28 21:30:01 CEST 2014

So I think we have a different faiths. You still believe that a
representative democracy could work (and you identify the core problem
as corruption). You think people just need to understand from the
comfort of their chairs that they can make a difference by
participating in an online platform.

I think -based on boring historical bibliography which already have
academy consensus- that representative democracy is a big problem
itself to build a bottom-top power. I invite you to read about the
history of political and social development from 1789 to ~1970 and look
what happened every time people tried to claim their rights and
actively participate in decision making. There're some patterns
regarding vertical structures, centralized power and exploitation
replicated everywhere in our culture (from institutions to daily life
symbols).

Regards,

Matías