[pp.int.general] Pirate Party from Argentina - General Assembly 2014

seykron seykron at partidopirata.com.ar
Tue Dec 9 20:28:40 CET 2014

Hello Thomas,

Here's the law:

http://www.infoleg.gob.ar/infolegInternet/anexos/235000-239999/237401/norma.htm

The worst points are:

* Provinces will get 12% royality for the exploitation (the lower in
  latam). So far provinces had autonomy to negotiate contracts, not
  anymore.

* Provinces can only collect taxes limited to 3% of exploitation. Before
  the law, provinces had autonomy to put taxes as their will.

* National corporations **cannot participate** in fuel exploration or
  exploitation. It is limited to foreign corporations (!!!)

* Foreign corporations will sell fuel in the internal market at
  international prices.

* Foreign corporations can take away foreign currency from the country
  without any restriction.

* Foreign corporations can export 20% of fuel production (60% of
  maritime production).

* Permissions are given for 20 years, with automatic renewal without an
  open tender.

* Foreign corporations don't need any environmental impact study to
  start operations, and there's no punishment defined for environmental
  issues.

* Aborigine communities live in the exploitation zone and they were not
  asked to give an opinion about the exploitation conditions. There's a
  national law that protect these communities and force the governments
  to ask them before giving exploitation/exploration permissions.

Thanks for your support, it is very appreciated.

Cheers,

Matías

On Thu, 4 Dec 2014 19:30:17 +0100