[pp.int.general] copywrongs initiative - status update 02.02.2014

Lisa lisa at piratenpartij.nl
Sun Feb 2 17:25:13 CET 2014

Question.

I'm going to be using the German/UK templates to quickly supply the
Dutch pirates with native language banners. Which font has been used?
I don't seem to have it.

Gr, Lisa

On 2-2-2014 16:25, Torben Lechner wrote:
> [...]
> 01.30.2014):
>
> - spreading actions: -- the dutch pirates added the link to their
> monthly newsletter to prompt people to fill out the questionaire --
> more threads started on message boards -- more copyright-critical
> non-end-users incorporated
>
> - statistics - http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/copywrongs.eu : --
> Global alexa rank clearly improved from 585,656 to 551,152; so we
> jumped approximately 35.000 positions ahead within a couple of days
> ^^ ...
>
> - important strategic note:
> [url=http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/consultations/2013/copyright-rules/index_en.htm]The
> day before yesterday the european commission postponed the deadline
> by 1 month[/url], so we have 1 more month time to reply; [b]new
> deadline is the 5th of March[/b]
>
> Be sure that the european commission didn't do this because of
> spontaneously discovered democratic charity ! Amelia assumes it's
> also to get more rightsholder mobilisation. collecting agencies now
> urging members to respond. So, we see 2 things here: Obviously we
> had some effect with our copywrongs-initiative. It's very
> important, that we promote copywrongs.eu even more ! Look in the
> spreading pad - https://piratenpad.de/p/spread-copywrongsEU -
> there's work to be done and there are not enough pirates doing it.
> That's why in the pad you only find entries of spreading actions of
> the czech, swedish, austrian, german and dutch pirates ! But we're
> 28 pirate parties in the EU ! What we must acchieve is, that in
> each one of the 28 EU member states there are at least 2 pirates,
> who are constantly and seriously working on promotion of
> copywrongs.eu based on the structure of the spread pad -
> https://piratenpad.de/p/spread-copywrongsEU - and documenting every
> action there...
>
> So, please help us ! To-Do-List:
>
> 1. go in the spreading pad -
> https://piratenpad.de/p/spread-copywrongsEU
>
> 2. additionally visit http://copywrongs.eu/ and
> http://youcan.fixcopyright.eu/ - is the language, which is spoken
> the most in your country, covered on both web sites ? If yes, then
> go to step 3, if no, then either translate in
> https://piratenpad.de/p/translate-copywrongsEU or
> https://piratenpad.de/p/translate-youcanfixcopyright
>
> 3. Have your federal executive board already send a e-mail to all
> pirate party members urging them to participate in the EU copyright
> consultation via copywrongs.eu ? If yes, then go to step 4, if no,
> then write one e-mail and urge your federal executive board to do
> so; document everything in the spreading pad -
> https://piratenpad.de/p/spread-copywrongsEU
>
> 4. Do you find a web banner set in the language, which is spoken
> the most in your country, in the spreading pad -
> https://piratenpad.de/p/spread-copywrongsEU ? If yes, then go to
> step 5, if no, then create one and post it in the spreading pad;
> here is the editable web template for it:

Of course, if you want, you can create a totally new one; here's an
inspiration for this http://i.imgur.com/WLLlk6i.png - it says "vote on
copyright" in the header and as you can see,