[pp.int.general] Chile: Legislators approve draft agreement urges the government to prefer Free Software in the state

Enrique Herrera Noya quiquetux at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 18:39:19 CEST 2014

in spanish url:
http://partidopirata.cl/chile-diputados-aprueban-proyecto-de-acuerdo-que-insta-al-gobierno-a-preferir-software-libre-en-reparticiones-publicas/

we are happy on the pirate party of Chile...

current subSecretary of Telecommunications is sympathizer party, as well as
  the executive director Chilenter foundation of which depends on the
presidency
of Chile

ago a month and a half   enter the telecommunications subsecretary under
the Ministry of Transport and Telecommunications where I work this
radicated the
unity of digital strategy of the current government. and my work is consulting
on the migration to free software

you see, the pirates are little by little tackling the government

arrg... P-)
Enrique Herrera Noya
Almirantux

With 64 votes in favor, one against and 12 abstentions, the House adopted
this day a draft agreement calls on the departments of the State prefer
Free Software.

Vlado Mirosevic MLA explains that the measure is considered as a criterion
savings  and demanding criteria.

Also mentions that: is not that the State is obliged to have free Software,
but a preference for Free Software is set, and if a free Software not apply
to a particular function of the state apparatus, the agency would have to
justify why proprietary software is hiring.

Also clarified that we are not against the State hires Microsoft, or other
services license, but we want to break the trend is in the culture of the
state, which is to hire the patenting software, because it is the furthest
to the hand. The idea is to change that trend and that the State is obliged
to seek alternative services that are free or cheaper than going to mean
significant savings. "

In this context, emphasizes that the 2014 annual budget is 36 billion pesos
for licenses. If one calculates, for the last 5 years, speak of 161 billion
dollars in licensing. That money seems to us that could be used elsewhere. And
free software is in most cases equal to or better than proprietary
software. And in cases that are not, the state may take proprietary
software.

If you set this preference, we find that the commonly used software will
have a counterpart in the free software. In cases of more complex software
than its alternative is found, the State may acquire licenses. This is not
a project against proprietary software.

While spending varies according to each distribution, is in high numbers.

For example, the Presidency of the Republic spent 106,000 pesos for payment
of licenses in 2014, while the Comptroller General of the Republic has in
its budget to 1 million 494 thousand pesos for programs
computacionales.Chile: Legislators approve draft agreement urges the
government to prefer Free Software in the state

--
http://www.partidopirata.cl
http://www.juuntos.org

Con un gran poder viene una gran responsabilidad, y no necesariamente
grandes retribuciones, de eso se trata la nobleza"