[pp.int.general] resetthenet.. srsly? (was: Antonio)

carlo von lynX lynX at pirate.my.buttharp.org
Wed Jun 11 15:25:30 CEST 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 02:57:11PM +0200, Cal. wrote:
> You didn't address my point at all.

Don't say that only to make yourself sound good.

> What you suggested is to use *individual* protection and anonymity

No, I suggested to change web browsers for the majority of humanity.
I spoke to some Mozilla devs yesterday.

> means. Well, that's pointless: nsa cares about large groups of people,
> not individuals, like the cia does, but then, I told you, if they are
> individually monitoring you, you'll have 3+ operatives following you
> at all times, and not just on the internet.

Targeted surveillance is less interesting than the problems caused by
mass surveillance, and it is correct that some techniques formerly
used for targeted surveillance (like traffic pattern correlation) have
been automated sufficiently to become mass surveillance tools.
So what are you trying to tell us here we didn't already know?

> But, fact is: nobody cares about you, and certainly not the NSA. Maybe
> the CIA. Most probably MISIRI. (don't ask me how I know).

You have no idea about me, but maybe you are talking about yourself.
Still you are off-topic since I wasn't ever talking of myself or other
individuals.

> As such, and as anyone not foolish knows, you can anonymize all you
> want, but when they know where your traffic origins, it is pointless
> to scramble exit nodes.

This is incompetent rambling on a topic we weren't talking about.
If you think and insist to think I was talking of targeted surveillance
even after I told you I wasn't your competence is lagging behind.
Please refrain from contributing further to this thread.