[pp.int.general] Surveillance in Argentina - how privacy is protected in your country?

seykron seykron at partidopirata.com.ar
Fri Jun 27 22:24:54 CEST 2014

Hello all.

I have sad news about the privacy protection in Argentina. The
government announced a new id which will have all medical history,
biometrical and public transport usage information. It is the
consolidation of a surveillance policy started few years ago by the
current government.

I would like to gather experiences in your countries about public
opinion and political discussions around this topic. We will write an
article denouncing this practice and it would be good if we include
some global information. I write some questions below:

1. Is surveillance installed as a topic in the public opinion and
political discussions on your country?

2. What are the different political positions about surveillance?

3. What concrete actions is taking your government to protect people
and the State against surveillance?

4. How your government protect the citizens private information? Who
has access?, when do you have to provide private information?

Thanks for your help.

Matías