[pp.int.general] Swarm management

Torben Lechner hyazinthe at emailn.de
Sat Mar 1 17:50:57 CET 2014

Hi Lisa and others,

I consider this issue to be very important; good management of ressources
would cause all of us to overcome this problem that some initiatives fail due
to not reaching the critical mass. So to keep it simple: It would make us much,
much stronger.

>From my point of view we should join forces in order to develop 3 systems,
first of all:

An international web based system for "work flow and getting things done";
so, something like GitHub, but just for coordinating political work.
You know that I was heavily involved into the copywrongs initiative; what I
really missed was a point where all pirate parties vitally come together; so
a point with which you effectively reach all pirate parties; it was especially
hard to reach out to the pirate parties in the UK, Italy, Sweden and Cyprus.
So, maybe as a first measure it would help, if one works towards a change,
that all pirate parties synchronize a vital part of their message board or mailing list with
the sub message boards on http://www.pp-international.net/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=76
and making their sub message boards there openly available; it's really not
a good idea to have one's respective message board closed on pp-international.net.
It also wouldn't harm to synchonize the topic sub message boards of pp-international.net
like for instance "copyright" with all pirate parties respective message boards or mailing lists.
I guess for reaching this short term aim, it's necessary to approach all
message board admins of the respective pirate parties.
But as already indicated in the beginning this is just a short term solution; on
a bigger time scale we should elaborate this.

2ndly, we have the same issue like the EU: We don't have one EU wide pirate basis,
which talks with each other. The aforementioned short term solution also would help
regarding this issue.
The long term solution, however, would be something much more fancy than this;
it would be an international web based discussion system - so, a system which is made for
all around optimizing discussion culture (re-structuring discourse, so that there won't
be that endless repepititions anymore; working against fragmentation of the discourse;
sorting discourse not chronologically but by content). I know at least one work group within
the pirate party, which works at this construction site:
http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/AG_Meinungsfindungstool - so, if you know anyone
else within the pirate party who works at developing a discussion system, plz send
them to this work group ^^ - their sub message board: https://news.piratenpartei.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=438 ...

And 3rdly - also long term aim - it would be really good, if we had an international web based resolution system; so,
something like a EU or global LQFB, but just a bit more sophisticated, and especially satisfing highest demands regarding
democracy, pricacy/data protection, accessability for people with less time, and interface design...
I consider that really not easy to tackle this; currently some pirate parties have different web based resolution systems,
some of them really need an update, and then we also have a lot of pirate parties with no such systems.
In several pirate parties I've seen working groups for the respective web based resolution systems - they all have
in common, that they don't really interact internationally; so also for them it would be a good idea to join forces ^^ ...
and besides that it obviously needs developing work for setting up structures for other pirate parties, who don't
have the ressources for doing it by their own... maybe it needs something like a first aid helping kit for structure issues ^^ ...

So, well... that's my impression of it all ^^ ...

Greetings,
/ aka Oliver