[pp.int.general] European Pirates logo (all names)

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 19:59:39 CET 2014

Wow, I just saw these after watching the EU livestream where A is being
used. I have to say, I thought at first it was corrupted, because the
yellow looks like a mess. If it's explained that it's supposed to be
stars, then sure, I can kinda see it, but if you need an element
described, then it's already failed.

To be honest, the yellow looked more like 'pavement art' (or as I've
most memorably heard it, a 'technicolour chunder' after a heavy night of
partying.

Reading, it looks like the committee's criticisms were created after
reading an explanation, but on first glance, to an outsider, it doesn't
look like stars at all. The point of these logos are to represent us to
outsiders, and not us to each other. And I've been looking on the EU
wiki for details of this selection process, or who these 'international
creatives' are.

For a process that openly references the "values of the European
Pirates" there's not a whole lot of transparency in much of the process.
No details, no information (unless it's somewhere on the wiki and I'm
missing it)

Andrew